» Poll Archive
» Submit Poll
» Latest Poll
» Site Staff
|DOOM 3 Reborn (alpha 0.3) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|DOOM 3 Reborn (alpha 0.3) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Doom 3 Reborn Alpha Build 0.3
MAKE SURE THE MOD IS LOADED ON THE CLIENT AS WELL AS THE SERVER
INSTRUCTIONS OF USE:
1. First make a folder called 'd3reborn' in your Doom 3 Directory.
2. Unzip the contents of the Zip FIle into this new folder/directory.
STARTING A D3Reborn Alpha Dedicated Server:
1. Create a shortcut to the doom3ded.exe with the arguments +set fs_game
2. Start the shortcut.
3. Choose a single player map you want to play by typing si_map 'xxxx' where
xxxx is the map name
Here are some working map names:
game\hellhole <-- walk throught the wall that doesn't fall away (you'll
see what i mean when you play)
There are more that will work.
4. Type 'SpawnServer'
5. Your server will now be running.
STARTING a D3REBORN Alpha Client
1. Start the game normally
2. When you come to the menu, choose the mods option at the bottom
3. Click on d3reborn, then choose 'Load Mod'
STARTING A D3REBORN LISTEN SERVER
1. Load the mod from the mods list
2. bring down the console
3. type 'si_map xxxx' where xxxx is the map you want to start off in
4. Type 'spawnserver'
HOW TO FIND A DOOM3REBORN SERVER
1. Look for game types that say 'D3 Reborn0.3' in the online browser
Game types are the items that say 'Deathmatch', 'Last man', 'Team
Email: bad_guy_image26 AT hotmail DOT com
PlanetDoom Forums: Agent666
**-> Please don't email me if you have problems using the mod, instead use
the doom3world.org or planetdoom.com forums <--
* Fixed World Changes (like bridges collapsing, walls falling away) on
client, so alot of things like the admin broken door being teared down by
the imps works
* The Player as well as monsters can be seen in cinematics
* Fixed a bug when the radio was on, if another player triggered it, the
radio graphic on the hud wouldn't show up for other clients
* When net_allowcheats is on, players (clients) can also use the remove
command to remove entities from the server. We are planning to get give and
god to work for clients as well since this is an id software bug.
* Monorail Skybridge now doesn't give overflow messages to clients at the
(so it is fully playable in 0.3)
* When a new objective is shown, it will also be seen on the clients
* Added new Cvar: si_friendlyfire which stops players from recieving damage
from other players when turned on
* Added a new feature called 'Player Spy', It lets you view what other
players see just like doom 1 & 2 cooperative.
* Fixed Sounds not playing on the monsters
* Fixed Scoreboard that would be displayed when a server only had one player
for some time then another player joined.
* HUD Oxygen is now displayed for the player
* When a player picks a weapon up, it will show the weapon on the hud, just
like single player
* PDAs won't get stuck if you have a bad connection with the server
* When a camera cutscene happens and the player is in another room to where
the camera is located, all you see is blackness. This problem is now fixed
* Players won't get stuck in influences
* Added Gibbing to multiplayer. When you shoot a monster you may see guts
fall out of him
* Fixed non interactive GUIS (movie guis) not playing when they were suppose
* BFG can be picked up and used (warning, it will attack other players as
well if they are too close to the green ball)
* Soul cube can be picked up and used (can only attack monsters)
* Mod can be runned as a pure server
* Changed gametype to D3Reborn0.3 so players can also see the mod version
* The Commands Give and god have been modified so that an extra parameter
can specify which player number to apply the cheat to.
god 0 will give godmode to player 1
god 1 will give godmode to player 2
give all 3 will give everything to player 4
Only the server can do this however when net_allowcheats is enabled
* si_friendlyfire added to stop players from damaging other players
* g_ProcessNewFrames: Performance cvar, This may smoothen gameplay, but may
make sounds double play (only effective on the client)
* g_noplayerprediction: Not really usefull, in fact it stops the client from
updating the players on the client. I'm using it for debugging something
* ui_OriginUpdate: Another non useful cvar used for debugging.
* ui_classname: Not implemented properly at this stage, but it will let you
change your player model if the server has the model you specify
* changeteam: Fun cheat command that lets you change a monsters team (so he
can fight with you), net_allowcheats must be active and it only works on the
We are looking for:
1. modellers/skinners. Anyone who can make a flag model and create a skin
for it, we need you!
2. Web site designers
3. Level designers at a later date
4. Support people at a later date
|DOOM 3 Reborn (alpha 0.3) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Doom 3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 7 | Last comment: 10-14-2006 at 16:00
Joined: January 20th, 2005
|it's an awesome multiplayer mod but there is one issue it let's me join a server but I can't go into a level when i join the server, but anyway it's a good mp mod !!! |
Joined: January 10th, 2005
|I think i love you. This goes beyond awsome. |
Joined: November 13th, 2004
|I'm speechless |
Joined: January 18th, 2005
|same as all the other co-op mods for any game; NO SERVERS FOUND |
why don't people understand how **** cool co-op is?
Joined: February 4th, 2005
|hi when i start a server and players try to join i get a warning message in the console " warning no spawn points found" and no aas file for player ? any hlpe anbybody ? |
Joined: March 1st, 2005
|I have Doom3 installed and working under linux Fedora Core 1.0. I downloaded the d3reborn zip file only to find a windows executable file to install the mod. Is ther a version that I can simply drop in place in my doom3 directory. I would like to get coop mods working in linux. |
Joined: March 6th, 2006
|Linux.................what a *****ing n00b..... |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!