» Poll Archive
» Submit Poll
» Latest Poll
» Site Staff
| || || |
|Last Man Standing Coop Multiplatform (1.0) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Last Man Standing Coop Multiplatform (1.0) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Last Man Standing Coop Multiplatform (1.0) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
LMS 1.0 Official Readme!
PLEASE READ OUR FAQ:
This release requires the 1.3 Doom 3 Patch!!
Also feel free to reportbugs at:
Doom 3 Coop Mod Last Man Standing
Version 1.0 Official
irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod
Join our newsletter at:
Check out our business page at for info about all our projects:
Mod Database Page:
You can either use the installer or use the archive that is provided. To use the archive, put it in the doom3 folder (not the base folder) and unzip the archive. After using the installer or archive, load up doom 3, hit the mods button, and select Last Man Standing Beta 0.3 from the list. You should now be ready to kick some horde ass, enjoy.
If you are getting a lot of lag there are a few things you can do to improve gameplay.
1) Turn off shadows (under advanced in options -> system)
2) Lower the doom 3 video quality level in options -> system
3) Defrag your hard drive
4) Update video drivers
5) Reduce the number of other programs running
1.0 Official Feature List:
* Inventory and armor/health carries over on SP coop maps
* New highscore system where servers keep track of the top 10 highest scores for each map
* Server admins can ban players for a specified amount of time or indefinitely (new commands are lms_banPlayer, lms_removeBan and lms_listBannedPlayers + the si_banContact CVAR)
* Player names can be displayed above their heads
* New messages when the player is killed
* Added new cvar lms_servermotd for a custom message of the day for server admins
* New Maps Prog_Bunker and Def_Radiotower
* New Music Legacy of Rust by Skaven and Never Again by Opaque
* New weapon the PlasmaSniper
* Most guis are now synched on the clients
* Fists have been replaced with a wrench model in the LMS Mod game type.
* Many lag tweaks
* New spawnpoints on the SP maps that prevent telefragging
* The create server menu now has checkbox to enable PunkBuster.
* 4 new player skins! The skeleton, head stump, skeleton head and berserk skin.
* Main menu now has a scan hardware button that selects optimal hardware settings.
* Main menu now uses a slider for mouse sensitivity and mouse smoothing.
* Server browser now supports viewing up to 8 players in a server and the punk buster checkbox now has gold color.
* Sound options updated (for both main menu and in-game menu) to include toggling of EAX 4.0 HD. Linux users can now toggle between oss/alsa/best.
* Added a message to be sent to the other clients when a player connects to the server.
* Gold HUD for the LMS Mod game type.
* Chat text display time changed to 4.4 seconds from 2.8.
* A description of called vote on the dedicated server console.
* High scores shown at end of map, displays the top 10 high scores for current map.
* At game review (when time limit has ben hit or similar) display the number of seconds until map restart/load.
* Frag count in LMS Mod scoreboard.
* Uses hitboxes instead of per-poly collision
* New message of the day to be displayed on HUD for 5 seconds when client joins the game. New CVar for server admins: lms_serverMOTD
* Server now has better control over cheating: There's a new CVAR lms_serverSideCheatingOnly which disables the use of god mode and noclip on clients if true.
* New icons to show if a player is viewing the pda or is in the in-game menu (similar to the chat and lag icon above player heads).
* Many of the reliable messages overflow errors are gone
* Playing audio log icon remained on screen after audio stopped playing
* si_skill 3 now works
* Vote text now appears on screen when playing SP COOP
* Team chat was not displayed in the dedicated server console
* Clients will now see what they are picking up in the hud (weapons, ammo)
* Invisible wraiths are fixed
* Sound problems with weapons, etc have been fixed
* If attacked while viewing the PDA you could not leave the pda screen and go to previous weapon.
* Client kept seeing the PDA gui after he dies if PDA is open while getting killed.
* The time limit editbox was shown on the create server screen even though there's no time limit on SP COOP servers. Also removed warmup time from create server gui since we do not allow warmup time.
* If someone on the server tried to set a skin that does not exist, all of the players will get changed to the default skin. Or, if a client tried to set a skin that does not exist, the player skin on server gets set to default also.
* Server crashed if calling serverMapRestart while in cinematic.
* Clients would get disconnected for a reliable messages overflow on delta3.
* Clients got dumped from monorail at the first stop when the door opens.
* Video terminals did not work for the clients. Video never starts to play.
* Clients got disconnected on Delta1 when the holograms appear (Reliable messages overflow)
* Error on dedicated server: Multiple entities named 'player1'.
* In Sp coop, when you hit v which was set to infrared, the scoreboard came up.
* Projectiles aren't turned the right angle (see the projectiles from commandos and cacademons) (was fixed with merge to 1.3).
* DB shotgun only ejects one shotgun shell (still, clients will not see brass ejecting at all in MP).
* Got this message when killed sometimes: '<playername> was killed by'. Player is killed by a monster.
* PDA bug where view and movement were locked after viewing PDA.
* Soulcube was sending out way too many network messages.
* Changing the username to certain strings causes unintended behavior...
* People exploited a bug making it possible to use any player skin they wanted.
* Weapons netcode have been improved
* Player can vote for time limit even though it is disabled in SP COOP.
* Cursor was visible when entering chat message.
* Sending of heartbeat changed to work the way suggested on http://www.iddevnet.com.
* No one except server could see fire animation for weapons!
* Monorail map had black terrain outside.
* When dropping a pistol, machinegun, sniper you'd get a 'picked up non LMS weapon' when picking it up and gametype is LMS Mod.
* The sentrybot in enpro was not working properly, it stopped in a doorway.
prog_hangar - Timbobsteve, minor gameplay tweaks by Hobbes
prog_kaiser1 (Omega Anomaly) - Kaiser
prog_bunker - Mercykiller
def_radiotower - Calimer
def_fortcomp - Calimer
def_kaiser3 (Onslaught)- Kaiser
kf_ancient_ruins - Agent Spork
kf_bunker - MercyKiller
kf_chambers - MercyKiller
kf_commandoattack - Spawn-FT, minor gameplay tweaks by Kaiser
kf_kaiser2 (Human Disposal) - Kaiser
kf_labyrinth - B33rman, minor gameplay tweaks by Hobbes (still very much WIP)
kf_loading_dock - B33rman, heavy gameplay tweaks by calimer
kf_lockedin - Timbobsteve, heavy gameplay tweaks by Hobbes
kf_trapped - Timbobsteve
kf_tunnel - MercyKiller
Neurosphere -- http://www.neurosphere.it
Lost Angel's Last Flight
We Just do as we Want
Last Man Standing
Skaven -- http://www.futurecrew.com/skaven/
Past The Chase
Legacy of Rust
Opaque -- http://myspace.com/opaquemusic
The Mod Team:
AO - Coding
BurN - Webmaster, Graphics
Calimer - Project leader, Public relations, Mapping
Hobbes - Quality Assurance, Map Tweaking, Code Tweaking
MercyKiller - Mapping
Agent Spork - Mapping
Altheus Stone - 3D Modeling, Art Direction
B33Rman - Mapping, Scripting, FX
Danamo - Graphics, 3d Modelling
Iten - Coding
Kaiser - Mapping
Nicemice - Use of OpenCoop Code and coding advice
Nocturn - Music
Revility - 3D Modelling (DB shotgun)
Sgt. Commander Neurosphere - Music and Sound
Skaven - Music
Skutarth - Cursor Icon
SirVentolin - Offerred some lag advice
Spawn-FT - Mapping
Timbobsteve - Mapping, Scripting
TopGunSF - Weapon Scripting advice, check out his balance mod at:
Altheus Stone - Beta Testing, Art Direction
XxLaVaxX - Beta Testing, misc help
Mixa - Beta Testing
Phrosty - Beta Testing
SnoopJedi - Thank you SnoopJedi for your support of our mod since the fortcomp days! It is always a pleasure when you stop by our channel. I also appreciate it when you have tried to help me with my crazy coding projects! I don't think any of them made it into this release but some neat surprises to come...
XxLaVaxX - I really want to thank Lava for always taking time to help test the maps, and giving back excellent feedback. Thanks buddy!
Nicemice - Thanks goes to Nicemice for letting using his source for 2.0 and previous versions and for other help and support that he has given the mod.
Revility - Revility graciously donated the double barrel shotgun! He did the modeling, texturing and animations. Thank you so much Revility! The gun turned out way better than I could of ever imagined. Also he donated the wrench! Be sure to check it out!
Bluehair - I'd also like to give a special thanks to Bluehair of d3files.com He has been a huge help to the mod with all of his constant support with posting our news and files, and other mod related help. Your assistance is as always, greatly appreciated ;D
Brian Harris - Thank you as well Brian Harris for your part in helping Beerman with Infrared vision among other things. We really appreciate your prompt and informative assistance, thanks!
We would like to extend a special thanks to the Doom 3 Community for your continuing support.
We would also like to thank Id software for making the kick ass game that started it all: DooM.
Personal messages from the team (In alphabetical order):
It is nice to have seen us come this far, the official 1.0 release is a hallmark for the amount of effort spent to make this a cool mod. This release is the most exciting release of all the LMS releases I've been part of, with loads of bugfixes and quite a few features that are very cool. I rate this release even more impressive than the 0.3 release. I realised while playing the mod some time ago that we needed to fix those most annoying bugs in previous releases along with some new features to make the mod so much fun that people wanted to come back for more. Therefore we have added high scores for the maps, fixed the annoying PDA animation bug and added dynamic spawning on the SP maps to avoid telefragging. A lot of problems related to clients getting disconnected because of the netcode has been improved greatly. Also, just about every gui is now synced, including the keypad's and healthstations. Thanks to Calimer and Hobbes for being so cool team mates. The list of new stuff is huge though, so go check this out!
Well everyone here it is, our first official release!! If you haven't played LMS yet this is definitely the version to check out. There are so many new features, bugs fixed, improvements, new maps, new music, etc, just so much! I am so proud of the team for all the hard work they've done, it is incredible! AO and hobbes especially have really worked their asses off on this release and it shows. Mercykiller has also come through with a new progression map that everyone needs to check out. His visual skills keep improving all the time, I'm really impressed with how far he has come! Also you'll get my new map radio tower which I have put a lot of time and effort in to. So check out the mod and have a great time doing so! See you on the servers!
Well here it is, LMS 1.0. We have worked hard to get to this point and I think you will be happy with the results. Many of the bugs from 0.35 have been fixed including the pda animation bug (thanks to AO) and many of the reliable messages overflow errors. I am happy to say that most of the guis are now synched on the client machines including the healthstations. Some of the new features include the ability to ban players, having the player's name appear over their heads, and highscores for all of the maps, including the SP maps. Have fun playing and let us know what you think about it.
Stephen 'MercyKiller' Youts :
This release is a major milestone in the history of LMS. Hitting 1.0 is an amazing thing, especially considering how far we're come from beta 0.1. A ton of bugs in the code have been removed, and this release is polished enough to be worthy of its name. I've also included a new level in 1.0, prog_bunker. It's my first progression level, and to be honest, I'm quite happy with what I've done on it. But that only brings a small amount of satisfaction in comparison to seeing you, the players, have so much fun with LMS. Hopefully you'll have as much fun with this release as you have with the last! I'd also like to give thanks to the rest of the team, for sticking with the mod even when faced with difficult challenges, LMS wouldn't be what it is today without you.
Thanks to the community for continually supporting the development of LMS.
I hope you enjoy the mod and please feel free to contact us about any problems you have, whether you like it or dislike it, anything. We'd really like to hear from you. Take care.
irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod
Join our newsletter at:
Our Business Page:
Our Mod Database Page
|Last Man Standing Coop Multiplatform (1.0) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Doom 3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 2 | Last comment: 10-03-2005 at 23:30
Joined: September 17th, 2005
|Hi there! |
i read that Mac OS is not supported because of the not mac-compiled dll's.
LMS is not open, i figured out. And i figured out that a mac version is not possible because no one of the LMS Team has a Mac. So it seems that there will never be a mac version.. am i right? Isn't it worth to give a trusted person with programming skills and a mac (not me) the source code so that this MOD can be the first really really good crossplattform coop game!?
I'm really looking forward to a mac compiled dll because there's hardly any game out there which can provide a good COOP mode for PC's and Mac's.
Is Linux on PPC's not supported either??
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!