» Poll Archive
» Submit Poll
» Latest Poll
» Site Staff
|5.56mm Full Metal Jacket Multiplatform (Beta 0.45) - File Description
| Description: |
I always wanted to create a shooter that combines the awesome looking graphics of Doom³ with a more tactical game play. I hope I will succeed in melting those two things together and enrich the Doom3Community with a Mod that hopefully will find his lovers.
- 8 different weapons, 4 per side
- Realistic bullet-ballistic (real modelled projectiles are fired and react physically correct while getting dragged down by gravity as they proceed flying through the landscape)
- Headshots that are deadly with any weapon from any distance
- Really huge outdoor environments that are lit with a global lighting system
- 6 players (3vs3) support (can be increased if necessary)
- A BloomShader which creates a breathtaking HDR like look and makes the Landscaps look more realistic
- 5 unique maps
- Realistic water correctly refracting and reflecting the virtual world
- (new) Sniper weapons!!!
- (new) A new map called AT_WAR
- (new) Improved weapon view models
- (new) Improved ballistics
- (new) Countless little tweaks and bugfixes
This map scenario takes place on a small mountain plateau where each side spawns inside an aged bunker. Make sure to not let the enemy infiltrate your base.... oh and take a look at the top of the plateau... you might like what you find there. The huge trees give excellent cover in case you get ambushed from an unknown direction......
This map scenario takes place in a very hot and dry desert valley where each side spawns inside an abandoned desert village. There are several ways to reach the enemy base and plenty of space for hot desert fights.... The desert trees are smaller than the plateau trees but still serve well for cover.... also the village itself leaves plenty of possibilities open to ambush the enemy from a position he doesn't expect.
This map scenario is basically the same setup as the "desert_delta" but takes place during the night... so stealth tactics get even more important since the enemy can see your gunfire from the far distance..... It is curious how the village and landscape changes its flair while everything lights up almost surreal in the moonlight......
This map scenario takes place in a huge military harbour where ships in the background are busy with loading and unloading their cargo. Once in a while an F-16 Fighter Jet is flying over the whole scenario trying to recon the area for the reported intruders.... This map offers excellent close combat fighting where almost everything in the harbour serves as cover, from the containers to the cargo boxes.....
This map scenario takes place in a country torn apart by war. The city where the two teams are deployed, is endangered by the steadily enclosing battlefront (you can already hear various gunfire and explosions). This map demonstrates the power of the doom³ engine, since you are to experience a part of town in all its glory including real scale Buildings, a canal complex where you can watch the city beeing correctly refracted and reflected in the canal's water and many more things.... As you can imagine this realism and complexity comes at a price, so basically anything less then a "2Ghz CPU, 512 MB RAM and a Geforce 6800" will run this thing as a slideshow in slowmotion.....
| || || |
|5.56mm Full Metal Jacket Multiplatform (Beta 0.45) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|5.56mm Full Metal Jacket Multiplatform (Beta 0.45) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|5.56mm Full Metal Jacket Multiplatform (Beta 0.45) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
5.56mm Full Metal Jacket (beta version 0.45)
E-mail: Oneofthe8devilz AT hotmail.com
1. This beta version is now finally compatible with ANY quality setting and resolution.
2. To run a dedicated server simply run the '5.56mm FMJ Mod Dedicated Server' shortcut.
3. Due to perfomance but also coding reasons I strongly recommend to play this mod only on a dedicated server.
In case you have to play on the machine that also acts as host DO NOT start a server from the game menue
but launch the dedicated server (by clicking the shortcut) and then launch doom³ to connect to it
(type 'connect localhost' in the console to join your own server)
Thank you for downloading and installing the 5.56mm FMJ Mod ! I hope you will have as much fun playing this as
I had making and testing it.
If you encounter any problems while running this mod please send me an e-mail to Oneofthe8devilz AT hotmail.com and I will
try to answer your issue.
You may only redistribute this file for free, NOT as a part of any commercial package. Contact me if you want to put
this file onto a cd-rom/dvd-rom or any other commercial distribution. This read me file must always be included with any
redistribution of this mod. You may put this on your website for download, but only if non-subscribers can also download it.
You may not make money with this in any way without contacting me first. You may NOT use any of the Mod's content for other
Mods unless you recieved a permission from me. If you have any doubts regarding these rules then contact me via my e-mail.
Once you downloaded the rar file, unrar it and run the file '556mmfmj_installer_beta_v045.msi'. Make sure to install the mod
to your Doom³ Folder so point to it (Example C:\games\Doom³)..Once the installation is complete, a shortcut called '5.56mm FMJ Mod'
is created on your desktop......
Double click the shortcut and play..........
wishmop (for joining my dev-team and contributing his maps and ideas to this mod)
id software (for keep creating breathtaking 3d engines and for deciding to release them modfriendly)
doom3world.org (for providing us with the world's greatest Doom³ related user, editor and coder exchange forum)
doom3maps.org (for keeping us updated about Doom³ and proving me with webspace and a news distribution option)
Der_Ton (for the inspiring time during the work on his md5 importer/exporter which made this mod possible)
Nicemice (for bugfixing and optimizing the fmj_sensitivity function and testing it out with me)
sparhawk (for adding the team_spawn/fmj_sensitivity function to the code and testing it out with me)
santaclaws (for allowing me to use his awesome bloomshader code)
Use_less (for modifying SantaClaws shader and porting it to version 1.3)
Mordenkainen (for contributing his atw map for this mod)
and many others (for betatesting and giving us a good time)
Damn it ...... it was a hell of a long way to get to where I am now and even though it wasn't always easy to work on such
a project as a single person it still proved one thing......One man can make a difference....
If there is a will there is a way
|5.56mm Full Metal Jacket Multiplatform (Beta 0.45) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Doom 3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 2 | Last comment: 06-06-2007 at 22:26
Joined: October 9th, 2004
|this mod is superb! really enjoyed the old releases so i'm look 4ward to this one! |
Joined: July 5th, 2006
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!