» Poll Archive
» Submit Poll
» Latest Poll
» Site Staff
|Last Man Standing Coop (v3.5) - File Description
| Description: |
The next best thing since the invention of the g-string has come our way...Platinum Arts has released what is sure to be (if previous releases can be any indication of the popularity of their awesome work) an extremely highly sought after download! With the previous release topping over 36,000 downloads, this one is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser! It is important to note that this mod is compatible with D3 patch 1.3.1, as well as the Steam Version of Doom 3!
Last Man Standing Coop Mod is a Doom 3 Coop Single Player and Multiplayer modification that aims to bring back the classic Doom experience. The LMS Mod gametype is survival in nature where you face swarms of attacking monsters to the adrenaline pumping energy of heavy metal soundtracks. This mod also fully supports Single Player Cooperative play through the SP Coop gametype. Also the Doom 3 expansion pack is supported through the ROE coop gametype and the Classic Doom for Doom 3 Mod is supported through the gametype Cdoom Coop.
The goal of the Last Man Standing Coop Mod is to utilize the most intriguing elements of the Classic Dooms, the Doom 3 single-player campaign, and ROE and incorporate them into a simple, fresh, and fun coop multiplayer experience. However, if multiplayer isn't your thing, then don't fret...the levels are fully playable single player!
Some of the features of this version include:
- New LMS theme song!!! Also check the lyrics out in the Doc folder, they rock!
- All of the zombies will now ragdoll
- Faster Map Loading Speeds!
- Lots of SP Coop tweaks including improved spawn points, starting map weapons, and lag tweaks!
- Nine new maps are added from TA_Alucard that are prefixed with TS which stands for Training Simulation. Check them out and let them know what you think!
- Old LMS favorite Prog_Doomship is back with many fixes!
- Colors on players nametags now reflect armor amount.
- Fortcomp has recieved some tweaking!
With the addition of Coop to the mod, Marines can partner up to increase their chances of survival. In addition to all of these features, our maps include heavy metal soundtracks to get your adrenaline levels pumping to their max! (Note the music can be turned off via the menu) The monsters keep coming, and the bullets keep flying.
Let the terror begin...
| || || |
|Last Man Standing Coop (v3.5) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Last Man Standing Coop (v3.5) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Last Man Standing Coop (v3.5) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Last Man Standing Coop Official 3.5 Readme!
This release requires the 1.3.1 Doom 3 Patch!!
Coop Doom 3 Mod Last Man Standing Coop
irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod
Join our newsletter at:
Check out our business page for info about all our projects:
Mod Database Page:
Check out the free and easy to use game creation software Platinum Arts Sandbox
You can either use the installer or use the archive that is provided. To use the archive, unzip the lms35 folder into your Doom3 folder (not the base folder). After using the installer or archive, use the provided shortcuts or load up Doom 3, hit the mods button, and select Last Man Standing 3.5 from the list. You should now be ready to kick some horde ass, enjoy.
If you are getting a lot of lag there are a few things you can do to improve gameplay.
1) Turn off shadows (under advanced in options -> system)
2) Lower the doom 3 video quality level in options -> system
3) Defrag your hard drive
4) Update video drivers
5) Reduce the number of other programs running
Changes since 3.0
* Lots of various map cleanup
* Vote results are now outputed properly to all clients and the server console
* Fixed 2 bugs that would cause the server to crash
* Added client tracking - Game will now keep track of each client that connects to the server keeping a record of how many times they connect, date/time of first and last connection, and all names they have used. Uses new command 'listclientinfo'.
* Added 2 new cvar 'lms_stamina' and 'lms_staminarate' which will allow the server to set stamina that does not get reset each time a player respawns on the map. In order to set these cvars and have the game remember them between sessions you should use the +seta command in the console which will archive the change in your doomconfig.cfg file.
* On Alphalabs3, the crane gui is now disabled after removing the toxic barrels. This will eliminate the problem where players would pick up other players and drop them down the chute which can crash the server.
* New scoring system for SP Coop, ROE Coop, and CDoom Coop. Now the game will add the value of si_skill to the player's score for each kill. You play with a higher skill, you get a higher score.
* Game will now create a say log 'lmssay.log' which will contain just what is said on the server.
* In-game scoreboard was changed to display the current high scores for the map. This way players can see what they need to make the list.
* If a player disconnects when a vote is active and they have voted, the game will now remove their vote. This was a bug that I don't think many people were aware of. It would allow you to kick someone from the server if there were just 2 players on the server.
* Added debug messages in the console to help debug the persistant player info (keeping weapons during a map change).
* Added debug message that will display when a player is killed by a monster that does not have a name set. If you see this message, give me the map name and the name of the monster that appears in the message.
* Added monster names for some of the ROE monsters, more will need to be added.
* Added custom kill message for what the game calls 'world kills'. They have been added for the following: Electric rail on comm_outside, Maledict firewall, Achrvile firewall, Vagary thrown object, Falling, and no air. Still may need to add others.
* Falling damage in MP is now the same as in SP. This means that you will die when falling instead of just ending up in a area you cannot get out of.
* Changed the background color where the player's names appear in the server list screen so that you can see player names that use black text.
* Vulgars now use the improved netcode and will now ragdoll.
* Shooting another player with team damage turned off will now remove their armor.
* Items can now be picked up more than once in ROE Coop.
* Moveables will now respawn as a moveable, this means that they will be able to be picked up more than once by the grabber and will respond to the game's physics (ie. if you shoot them, they will move).
* Trigger animations will now play for vulgars and imps on the clients. This means that they will see the imp crawling over the railing instead of just appearing in the t-pose while the animation played on the server. Note: Trigger animations are not working for monsters that have 'spawner' set. All of the monsters on hellhole use this key so the clients will still see the t-pose when they respawn.
* Guardian's spawner will now appear on the clients
* Added text on the HUD that will appear when a Boss is being fought that will display it's remaining health. It will automatically appear when the boss becomes active and disappears when it is dead. It displays on everybody's HUD.
* Removed the message that would appear when the cyberdemon was hit with the soulcube since it's health now appears in the HUD.
* SetSkin is now synched down to the clients. This means that if a monster changes it's skin, the clients should see the new skin. I know this does work for the sentry bots, not sure about the others.
* Sentry bot flashlight is working for the clients on Enpro, Erebus6, and Phobos3
* Alphalabs2 scientist light now working on the clients
* Seeker lights are now working on the clients
* New LMS theme song!!! Also check the lyrics out in the Doc folder, they rock!
* All of the zombies will now ragdoll
* Lots of SP Coop tweaks including improved spawn points, starting map weapons, and lag tweaks!
* Nine new maps are added from TA_Alucard that are prefixed with TS which stands for Training Simulation. Check them out and let us know what you think!
* Old LMS favorite Prog_Doomship is back with many fixes!
* Colors on players nametags now reflect armor amount.
* Fortcomp has recieved some tweaking!
prog_hangar - Timbobsteve, minor gameplay tweaks by Hobbes
prog_tlabs - Kaiser, tweaked for coop by calimer
prog_refueling_station - Kaiser, tweaked for coop by calimer
prog_sigma_quadrant - Kaiser, tweaked for coop by calimer
prog_kaiser1 (Omega Anomaly) - Kaiser
prog_bunker - Mercykiller
prog_sewer - Mercykiller
prog_doomship - Beerman tweaked by calimer
def_radiotower - Calimer
def_fortcomp - Calimer
def_kaiser3 (Onslaught)- Kaiser
def_tunnel - MercyKiller
kf_ancient_ruins - Agent Spork
kf_arena - The Master
kf_bunker - MercyKiller
kf_chambers - MercyKiller
kf_commandoattack - Spawn-FT, minor gameplay tweaks by Kaiser
kf_kaiser2 (Human Disposal) - Kaiser
kf_labyrinth - B33rman, minor gameplay tweaks by Hobbes (still very much WIP)
kf_loading_dock - B33rman, heavy gameplay tweaks by calimer
kf_lockedin - Timbobsteve, heavy gameplay tweaks by Hobbes
kf_trapped - Timbobsteve
kf_tunnel - Mercykiller - included but not on the menu as per request
ts_maps - 9 maps created by TA_Alucard to serve as Training Simulations!
Neurosphere -- http://www.neurosphere.it
Lost Angel's Last Flight
We Just do as we Want
Last Man Standing (Features a new updated version!)
Skaven -- http://www.futurecrew.com/skaven/
Past The Chase
Legacy of Rust
Corruptor (Used in the LMS 2.0 gameplay video http://doom3.filefront.com/file/;48332)
Switchblade Masquerade (formerly Opaque --http://www.myspace.com/switchblademasquerade
Track1 (Used in the LMS 2.0 gameplay video http://doom3.filefront.com/file/;48332)
The Mod Team:
AO - Coding
BurN - Webmaster, Graphics
Calimer - Project leader, Public relations, Mapping, Scripting
Hobbes - Quality Assurance, Map Tweaking, Coding
MercyKiller - Mapping
Agent Spork - Mapping
Altheus Stone - Art Direction
B33Rman - Mapping, Scripting, FX
Deadite - Sounds
Gen. Miester [KoRA] - Mac Help
Heruncle - Coding, Map tweaking
Iten - Coding
Kaiser - Mapping
Naxiel - Music
Nicemice - Use of OpenCoop Code and coding advice
Nocturn - Music
Revility - 3D Modelling (DB shotgun)
Sgt. Commander Neurosphere - Music and Sound
Skaven - Music
Skutarth - Cursor and Wrench Icons, supermaggot skin
Spawn-FT - Mapping
The Master - Mapping
Timbobsteve - Mapping, Scripting
Special shoutout from Michael "calimer" Tomaino: I want to give a special mention to all of my little buddies including those whom I worked with, know through the school and who live near my parent's house. You guys rock and I always enjoy my time spent with you. Be good, stay in school, and I hope to see all of you soon :)
Heruncle - I want to give Heruncle a big thanks for all of the help he's given to this release. He's helped clean up the LMS code, fix and tweak maps, and push the mod forward. SP Coop players especially will appreciate the time and effort Heruncle put into the mod.
Cdoom Team - They have been really great in supporting us and it was a pleasure work with them to bring Cdoom coop to life! They are a great group of guys and you if haven't stopped over to their page yet, do so at http://cdoom.d3files.com
Kaiser - I want to give Kaiser a big thanks for giving us permission to tweak his maps for coop. Also he has been very good about giving me map help in general and it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for all you have done for us Kaiser.
XxLaVaxX - I really want to thank Lava for always taking time to help test the maps, and giving back excellent feedback. Thanks buddy!
Bluehair - I'd also like to give a special thanks to Bluehair of d3files.com He has been a huge help to the mod with all of his constant support with posting our news and files, and other mod related help. Your assistance is as always, greatly appreciated ;D
Bluewolf72 - A big thanks to Bluewolf72 for everything he has done to promote us. He was a big help in getting us on the map and I've actually lost count of how many times he's interviewed me. Thanks for everything.
The Master - I would like give a huge thanks to The Master for his outstanding help in testing. He has really been a leading force in getting the other testers together and has been unyeilding in his effort to find bugs. In addition he helped us get the ROE footage for the 2.0 video. You rock.
Deadite4 - Deadite and I have become quick friends and I can't speak enough on how much of a pleasure it is to have him around. Thanks for all of your help and for putting up with all of The Master's "where's deadite? deadite are you around? DEADITE!!" haha, poor guy. Looking forward to working with you in the future, buddy.
SnoopJedi - Thank you SnoopJedi for your support of our mod since the fortcomp days! It is always a pleasure when you stop by our channel. I also appreciate it when you have tried to help me with my crazy coding projects! I don't think any of them made it into this release but some neat surprises to come...
Nicemice - Thanks goes to Nicemice for letting us use his source from OpenCoop Beta 2.0 and previous versions and for other help and support that he has given the mod.
Revility - Revility graciously donated the double barrel shotgun! He did the modeling, texturing and animations. Thank you so much Revility! The gun turned out way better than I could of ever imagined. Also he donated the wrench! Be sure to check it out!
Brian Harris - Thank you as well Brian Harris for your part in helping Beerman with Infrared vision among other things. We really appreciate your prompt and informative assistance, thanks!
We would like to extend a special thanks to the Doom 3 Community for your continuing support.
We would also like to thank Id software for making the kick ass game that started it all: DooM.
Remember: Great mods are immortalized in the memories of fans.
Keep LMS alive.
A special thanks from the Team:
Thanks to the community for continually supporting the development of LMS. You guys make it all worth it.
I hope you enjoy the mod and please feel free to contact us about any problems you have, whether you like it or dislike it, anything. We'd really like to hear from you. Take care.
irc.OFTC.net channel #lms-mod
Join our newsletter at:
Our Business Page:
Our Mod Database Page
Check out the free and easy to use game creation software Platinum Arts Sandbox
|Last Man Standing Coop (v3.5) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Doom 3 Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 19 | Last comment: 03-06-2012 at 12:30
Click the symbol to expand all comments (view full comments)
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!